Creamy Sweet Potatoes with Miso
Vitamin-packed sweet potatoes pick up Japanese-inspired elegance with creamy white miso. This recipe was adapted from Chef Todd English on Martha Stewart.
- 1 1/4 lbs Sweet Potatoes
- 3 Tbsp Miso Master Organic Sweet White Miso
- 1/2 cup Sweet Cloud Organic Brown Rice Syrup (or to taste)
- 1/2 cup organic soy milk (or milk of your choice)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Prick potatoes all over using the tines of a fork. Place potatoes on prepared baking sheet and roast until very soft, 45 to 60 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, scoop out flesh and transfer to the bowl of a food processor; you should have about 1 1/2 cups flesh. Discard skins. Process sweet potato until smooth.
- In a small bowl, whisk together miso, soy milk, and syrup. Add to bowl of food processor with sweet potatoes; process until well combined. Transfer to a medium saucepan and place over medium heat; cook, stirring, until potatoes are heated through. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.