Chef Tom's Oatmeal Raisin Pecan Cookies
Organic Chef Tom's Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Pecan Cookies are super yummy and naturally sweetened with Sweet Cloud Organic Brown Rice Syrup. If you're a fan of cookies that are crunchy on the outside and cake-like on the inside, you'll love these sweet gems!
- 1½ cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1½ cups white unbleached flour
- 1 cup organic raisins
- 1 cup organic pecans, chopped (optional)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup Sweet Cloud Organic Brown Rice Syrup
- ¼ cup organic maple syrup
- ½ cup organic soy milk
- ½ cup sunflower or safflower oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly oil two large cookie sheets and set them aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and mix well.
- In a large measuring cup, whisk maple and rice syrups, oil, milk, and vanilla until mixed well with air bubbles.
- Pour wet mixture into dry ingredients and stir until all ingredients are moist. The batter will be slightly wet.
- Fold in raisins and pecans.
- Drop about 1½ tablespoon of the cookie dough onto the oiled cookie sheet allowing space for cookies to expand.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until the cookie bottom is lightly brown.
- Remove cookies to a cooling rack to cool.
- Serve, share and enjoy with family and friends