Maine Coast Organic Kelp 2 oz
Sugar Kelp is a versatile sea vegetable that can be used in place of traditional Japanese Kombu. Sustainably wild-harvested in the pristine waters of the North Atlantic Ocean and tested for quality and contaminants.
- Certified Organic
- Dried at mild temperatures to preserve enzymes, nutrients, and the environment
- Naturally high in iodine...about 2,800 mcg per g.
- Also contains potassium, iron, Vitamin B6, riboflavin, and dietary fiber.
- Naturally rich in glutamic acid, an amino acid that enhances flavor! Glutamic acid is responsible for the flavor umami.
- Kelp polysaccharides have been shown in some lab studies to absorb and eliminate radioactive isotopes and heavy metals from the digestive tract of mammals.
Ingredients: Low temperature dried Organic Kelp (Saccharina latissima)