Organic Chef Tom’s Pumpkin Spice Muffins
Makes 18 Muffins
Indulge in the warm, cozy embrace of autumn with Organic Chef Tom's Vegan Pumpkin Spice Muffins. As the leaves change and the air turns crisp, there's nothing quite like the comforting aroma of freshly baked pumpkin treats to usher in the season. Chef Tom's recipe is a delightful fusion of wholesome ingredients and seasonal flavors, offering you a guilt-free way to savor the essence of fall. Whether you're a seasoned vegan or simply looking for a delectable treat that celebrates the harvest, these muffins are a must-try. Join us as we embark on a culinary journey to create these mouthwatering delights with Organic Chef Tom's expert guidance. Get ready to fall in love with pumpkin spice all over again.
1½ cup unbleached white flour
1 cup whole wheat pastry
½ cup organic cornmeal
2½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp sea salt
1 tsp cinnamon, ground
¼ tsp ginger, ground
¼ tsp cloves, ground
¼ tsp nutmeg, ground
¾ cup soy milk
1 Tbsp lemon juice (half of lemon)
½ cup safflower oil
1 cup pumpkin puree (pumpkin is a good organic brand )
OR ~ butternut squash
½ cup sweetener (maple or rice syrup, barley malt)
Sprinkle with organic raw, hulled pumpkin seeds
1. Preheat oven to 350°
2. In large bowl, mix dry ingredients together.
3. In a 4 cup measuring cup or medium bowl, mix wet ingredients together with a whisk, blender or spoon.
4. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients, mix well with a whisk or spoon until well blended.
5. Fill muffin tin lined with unbleached paper baking cups (for easy removal and clean up) or oiled muffin pan filling about three quarters full.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven, cool and enjoy!
• Add ½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans to mixed batter before baking.
• Add ½ cup chocolate or carob chips to batter before baking.
• Use same recipe to make two 9-inch pumpkin cakes. Add about 5 more minutes to baking time.
Organic Chef Tom has been cooking natural foods for over 45 years. He has cooked in natural restaurants across the USA including the East West Cookery in New York City, 7th Inn in Boston, The Unicorn in Miami Beach and his own restaurant, The Garden Cookery in Maine. He owns and operates Natural Lifestyle Online Market with his family in Asheville, North Carolina.
Copyright © Organic Chef Tom
Recipes may not be reprinted without permission. Contact Organic Chef Tom