Chef Tom’s Paradise Banana Bread
After our 4 mile walk on the beach, I worked on perfecting this delicious Paradise Banana Bread using banana’s from our own tree. This milk-free, vegan recipe is sweetened naturally with super ripe bananas, raisins and a small amount of maple or brown rice syrup. I always use organic ingredients.
Makes 2 Banana Breads (1 to share!)
8 super ripe bananas
1/3 cup maple or Sweet Cloud Organic Brown Rice Syrup (or combo)
1/3 cup organic sesame oil
2 tsp vanilla
4 cups organic whole wheat pastry flour or all-purpose unbleached white flour
1 Tbs baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
1 Tbs cinnamon
1/2-1 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp Si Sea Salt
1/2 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped
1/2 cup raisins
1. Preheat over to 350 degrees.
2. Lightly oil two loaf pans, baking pan, round or square cake pans* and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, mash or blend bananas (by hand, immersion blender or food processor.)
4. Add all remaining liquid ingredients, blend or whisk.
5. Mix dry ingredients together and stir into wet ingredients.
6. Fold in walnuts and raisins.
7. Pour into oiled baking pans and bake for 50 minutes.
8. Cool and enjoy!
• You can also bake this Paradise Banana Bread in muffin pans for easy traveling to work or school.
• Get creative with your Banana Bread by adding some of your favorite dessert ingredients such as vegan chocolate chips, dried cranberries…