This natural, sugar-free Thanksgiving classic has been a family favorite for over 40 years. The natural sweetness of the organic apple juice, raisins and Sweet Cloud Organic Brown Rice Syrup balance the tangy cranberries. You can prepare this festive side dish a day ahead or early morning the day of. Enjoy!
- 6 cups organic cranberries (2 – 12 oz packages)
- 3 cups organic apple juice
- 1 cup organic raisins
- 3/4 cup Sweet Cloud Organic Brown Rice Syrup
- 3 tablespoons agar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 orange, juice, and zest
- 1 lemon, juice, and zest
- 2-inch piece of cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Add apple juice to a large pan, sprinkle agar on top of the juice without stirring and bring to a boil.
- Add all remaining ingredients, stir gently, and bring back to a boil.
- Reduce to medium heat and cook uncovered for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, cool, and place in a storage container, and refrigerate.
Stores very well in the refrigerator. We top oatmeal with leftovers.